Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Did a search and didn't find an answer.

Can 99 Legacy wagon body parts work on a 99 Outback wagon? In particular the hood and left fender. Plus a few parts under the hood.

My son rear ended someone last night in our 99 Outback Limited. High mileage, but it was a nice running car, so I'm seeing if I can get the parts to repair it. The only economial way of getting the needed body parts is to buy a donor car cheap. Locally I can only find Legacies, no Outbacks.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,379 Posts
Should.

·
Premium Member
2005 Mazda 6 && 2007 Outback 3.0 LLBean, WGO
510 Posts
The body frame for both legacy and outback wagons should be the same. You can look around here if you want to compare looks or part numbers, but the sheet metal from even sedans I think will be identical on the front end (I can't certify that, though).

·
Registered
1999 OBW/2004 OBW
56 Posts
The body frame for both legacy and outback wagons should be the same. You can look around here if you want to compare looks or part numbers, but the sheet metal from even sedans I think will be identical on the front end (I can't certify that, though).
Yeah they are the same. I can vouch for it because my 99 OBW has been rebuilt (a few times). I have a hood and front bumper for a '96 LSi wagon, and was going to use them until I was able to find the parts to make it match. The hardest part is the front bumper cover. Living in Colorado they bring a hefty price for finding them, and I haven't found an orderable replacement, I've only found as a replacement, the regular 95-99 L bumper. It looks rough on the OBW though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.