Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently purchased a 99 Legacy Outback 30th Anniversary Edition. I love this car! I hate that I haven't bought one before now. Anyways, when I crank the car the ABS light comes on for a half a minute maybe and then goes off. Once the light goes off, the brakes grind and shudder on the front end for about two or three minutes at which point the ABS light comes back on and then everything is fine. No grinding. No shuddering.

Has anyone had any similar experience with anything like this?

Relevant side note: A few days ago I had the front wheel bearings and hubs replaced. I don't recall having the problem before that repair. Does anyone think that they could be related? I'm not a big believer in coincidence, so I'm inclined to think that they are.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,137 Posts
quite possible some debris at the tone ring sensor or intermittent wiring w'ever at a hub.

take it back to the shop and demostrate the problem for them/have them triple check the tone rings and sensors and sensor wiring etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts