Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 99 OBW with 180k. I just changed the oil yesterday and everything was looking good. This morning I popped the hood to see how hard it was to do some other work and I saw that there was coolant around the radiator and in the engine compartment. The resivoir was completely empty and the radiator was empty as well. I checked the hose and I can find a very small slice when I contort the hose jut right. I filled it up with water to get me to work and a I checked it a few bours later on my lunch and it was empty again. I wouldn't think this is the cause because when I run the car on nothing comes out of the hose. HGs were changed about 2 years ago. Please let me know if you have any idea of how to fix it.

·
Registered
01 Outback H6 VDC, 97 GT wgn w/ ej22, 98 OBW w/ej22
1,401 Posts
if there is a slice in the hose that is where it is leaking. re-fill it and run it till hot / full operating temp and then let it idle in the drive way. it will leak if that is the cause. some leaks only occur when the pressure builds up. i had a hose clamp like that. i was able to tighten it up .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts