Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Legacy Outback, 2.5
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a pair of super cheap ($32) fog lights off of ebay and my dad and I installed them over the weekend. They're not the greatest but were really cheap so I can't complain. We made custom brackets that attached to the hardest part of the bumper (it felt like metal but could have been really hard plastic). The grill had to be slotted a little to fit the brackets but other than that it was relatively painless. All in all it was a pretty cheap mod and i really like the looks of them. Ill post pictures of the brackets and stuff if people are really interested, so let me know!

And here's one of the switch

·
Registered
'99 Legacy Outback, 2.5
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Around Gettysburg in Adams County. We're pretty close!

·
Registered
'99 Legacy Outback, 2.5
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same haha

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,971 Posts
Hit Maplehofe's Dairy for some whoopee pies and ice cream.

·
Registered
'99 Legacy Outback, 2.5
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A buddy of mine got a pair of big ol 100 watt KC Daylighters and put them on his old F150. Of course, him and I had to go out when it got dark and look at our lights.

Heres one of mine. I love how the slanted headlights look! Just thought I'd share

·
Registered
98 limit leg back 2.5 4EAT
108 Posts
Looks good. Let's see how you mounted them. I think I know the hard plastic or composite resin piece your talking about. I was thinking about mounting an oil cooler to it if I didn't find a good metal spot.

·
Registered
'99 Legacy Outback, 2.5
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! If you just pop the grill out there is this band of hard plastic or whatever it is. We just filed one of the lips off and screwed two self tappers in. There wasn't any cracking or anything. It seems pretty sturdy. You might have to cut some out of your grill though if you want to mount anything there.

There's one of the stainless brackets

Excuse all the mud

1 - 10 of 10 Posts