Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a very bad thing happen, after the Subaru dealer fitted a tow bar and transmission oil cooler last Thursday all seemed fine but then as I got near work today I noticed some smoke seemed to be coming from my car after stopping at traffic lights. Since it was very near work I continued to the car park, car feeling more and more reluctant to move. Upon entering car park found that the car is leaking transmission fluid and smelt very hot in that area. So now I'm waiting for the Auto club patrol to come and assess it before putting it on a tray tow truck and taking it back to the dealer who stuffed it up. I hope that there's no damage to the transmission. No warning lights came on.

If anyone wants the name of the Brisbane northside dealer to avoid PM me.

:(

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car is on it's way back to me, supposedly a hose split causing the problem. Should've been genuine Subaru part which if it did split doesn't fill me with confidence. At least if it's faulty workmanship I can just avoid that dealer in future.

Cheers,
Karl

·
Registered
93 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

I hope everything is OK,the last thing we want to hear is things like this happening to our 5AT,what do you plan towing with the outback?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it didn't totally run out of fluid, luckily it happened just as I was getting to work, if it happened on the highway I might not have noticed there was a problem. I'm surprised there's no warning light for the AT fluid, there's a temp light for it...

I'm buying a caravan from my Dad so we can have weekends away at the beach etc, it's a 14ft Jayco pop top.

I'll let you know if the car still feels OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Jondalar
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing