Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Outback Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know there is a simple fix to this, but when I turn my A/C off and the fan is off, I still have cold air blowing through the vents. I know I can close down the side vents, but I should be able to stop all air from blowing through the vent, right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium; former 19 Outback Premium, 85 GL Wagon, 87 GL-10 Wagon
2,672 Posts
You can manually close all the vents including the center ones, or just try turning recirc on which will prevent any airflow provided the fan is off.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, but shouldn’t the air stop flowing when I shut down the fans and the A/C? And I have recirculate chosen, but I didn’t think it would make a difference if the A/C is off, right?

·
Super Moderator
Outback 2011 3.6R Premium
2,952 Posts
There will always be air flow through the vehicle cabin. There are exhaust vents at the rear of the vehicle and while the vehicle is moving air is forced in through the front vents outside the vehicle through the cabin and out the exhaust vents even if no fans are running.

Activating re-circulating mode restricts the volume of air to 25% of “normal” so there is still air flowing through the vehicle cabin.

Restricting fresh air entering the vehicle increases the likelihood of fatigue, the less fresh air the more fatigue which is not good for reducing vehicle accidents and human fatalities.

Seagrass

Reactions: stevenva
1 - 6 of 6 Posts