Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 OBW 3.0R Limited (5EAT) w/ lift & other mods
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased two new A/F sensors on eBay, both Denso 234-9047, from two different vendors and they sport two different form factors. Each has the part number printed on it and those match. One has a much longer cable attached. The squared-off one looks like my O2 sensors and is what I expected the A/F sensors to look like as well.

I'm wondering if there's a reason I shouldn't use the other one -- like it's designed for a different car even though it has the same part number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,208 Posts
your ebay sellers maybe a little lax in the specifics they list.

in a better listing for the 2 they may have a extra character or 2 in their stock #s, one denoting the longer cable for places that need it on different locations of the same car.

like they lead into the same main harness and the ones in the front need a few more inches to tuck up into the body to keep clear of the cats.

same working parts and plugs though.

(and I have seen some particular cars that take the same exact a/f sensor front and rear....others the fronts are a little fancier.)

·
Registered
2009 OBW 3.0R Limited (5EAT) w/ lift & other mods
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were definitely both "bulk" items (unboxed), but I'm certain they're new. I'm not so concerned with the longer cable as I am the holes around the circumference being at the bottom on one and the top on the other. If that makes no difference I'll just go for it and hope they do actually have identical functionality in my particular application.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts