Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Acura 3.2 TL
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting an 08+ Subaru Tribeca Limited and I was wondering if the cars have some features that are not listed in the brochure.

1. Does the passenger side wing mirror tilt down when the car is put in reverse?

2. Is there a mod that will allow me to connect a rain sensor to the windscreen wipers?

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
1. No, that's an acura thing. Subaru decided it would be better to offer a rear vision video system instead. Not all years/trim levels have that, but it isn't terribly difficult to add after the fact. I understand it just became standard on all their cars for 2015.

2. Not sure... I know the wiper system is fairly hackable, but I haven't heard of anyone doing that mod.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
Thank you for the swift reply! What about converting one of the rear lights to a fog light?
I don't know the tribeca well enough to completely answer that.

It may be similar to the outbacks- the left reverse lamp can be replaced with the European equivalent, which has white and red aspects. Not hard to roughly hack in, but very expensive to do it the "right" way and make it look factory since you need to get someone in europe to sell you the parts and add extra wiring from the steering column to the liftgate.

So... possible, but IMO all it gets you is what is locally referred to as a "please tailgate me with your highbeams on" lamp.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,977 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,778 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts