Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an '18 Touring two weeks ago. I got home from work last night to find the UPS guy dropped off a box that says "A gift from Subaru." Inside is a Bose Soundlink III bluetooth speaker! Sweet! Is this something new Subaru is doing? We didn't get a gift last year after we bought my wife's new Forester.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe the dealer, though doubtful. It came from Paul's Custom Awards in New Jersey, and the Bose is branded with a Subaru logo on one end. The dealer is in Iowa. There were no "thank you" notes or anything - just the package.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Limited, Wilderness Green; 2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, Crimson Red Pearl
199 Posts
Bought an '18 Touring two weeks ago. I got home from work last night to find the UPS guy dropped off a box that says "A gift from Subaru." Inside is a Bose Soundlink III bluetooth speaker! Sweet! Is this something new Subaru is doing? We didn't get a gift last year after we bought my wife's new Forester.
We got a yeti cooler with Subaru logos and a keychain. There’s another thread in general that indicated some folks got something like a dyson car vacuum.
After I bought my 2016 Limited, I received a nice thank you card with a $100 Visa gift card in it, a electric tire pump and a cordless hand vacuum cleaner. All were labeled with Subaru logos. Several months later, I received a very nice journal with engraved wood covers and a thank you note. Earlier this year, I got a large box from SOA with a Dyson V6 cordless home vacuum cleaner, again with the Subaru logo. In September, I bought my wife a 2018 Limited and shortly a large metal tin of custom, hand made cookies arrived, carrying the Subaru logo and a nice note again. And they were some of the best cookies we've ever had.

So this is nothing new and it's certainly the first time I've ever gotten anything from a car company. We had 9 new Hondas in the family over a period of about 15 years and never got anything but a large bill for service. :frown2:

·
Registered
2016 OB Premium with Eyesight
533 Posts
My wife got a nice leather handbag after she bout her OB 3 months ago. It also had the Subaru logo on it.

We received that as well as a set of under armor (front, middle, and rear skid plates) for the OB. I don't know if we still have the bag, never used it, but the plates have been used frequently! >:)

*Disclaimer: Don't expect a set of plates from SOA. I received a check as part of my loyalty to the brand and purchased the plates with it. So, if you talk to the family accountant, "Yes, SOA paid for the plates" is the official statement.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,619 Posts
We got a very nice laptop bag with a Subaru logo inside several months after we bought our 2017 last year. I keep hoping for more. :)

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd 3.6r
578 Posts
Wow, we're hopefully taking delivery of a 2018 Crosstrek Limited for my wife this weekend. - Vehicle is in transit, and due in today at the dealer. She wanted a real color this time and not black, white, or forbid another silver car....it's Sunrise Orange! (They're selling before they hit the lot, very popular model right now). Hopefully we also get the Bose, which will have my wife and I fighting over it I'm sure.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium ; 2019 Outback Premium
130 Posts
wonder if this is for people who do the survey?

Havent done mine.
There was a thread on this site a while ago about this. Seems Subaru sends the gifts to people not in the high volume selling areas. So us in the northeast, northwest, Colorado etc have less of a chance at getting these gifts because we would buy Subaru anyway.

After reading that thread for the heck of it i contacted SOA about it. They said its random who they send gifts to. Just a promotional thing they said. For inquiring about it, two days later i got a package with a red hard plastic solo cup with a Subaru logo. :smile2:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts