Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

From Syracuse, NY. Bought an Outback several years ago for a couple hundred dollars. Was in great shape from New Mexico but the deal was strange and never received the title. Sold it for what I paid for it and never came back around again.

Fiance' has a 2006 Forester X that I often work on. Thanks to her car, I was getting the Subaru itch in a major way.

As of today, I just purchased a 1998 Subaru Outback Legacy wagon. It needs wheel bearings (going to do this all the way around) and, of course, the headgasket replaced. Probably should do the timing belt too while I'm messing around. It has just over 100K original miles and it's in decent shape considering it lived around this area.

Going to pick it up soon and start work on it. If I get in too deep or decide that it's going to take too much time, I may put it up for sale again. Once I have it in the garage, I'll take pictures and post them in the appropriate area. I know a decent amount about Subaru...I know the headgaskets go ;), I know not to use cheap gaskets to replace them, I know the same for the timing belt, and I know that they have the best AWD system out there. I will probably need some walkthroughs and a little help here and there, but this place was great from what I remember!

Looking forward to talking with all of you!

-Huxley

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey CNY_Dave,

I grew up in Syracuse and my fiance' and I moved to Deruyter right over the Cortland county line last year. We moved out in June about 20 minutes West of the city on a river! I work in Syracuse though myself on the east side.

DavidPeab,

Thanks for the welcome and for the tip! I'll make sure to add that to an ever increasing list of things I'm going to need for this car.

I think I'm going to post a ton of pictures first before I dig into anything so I can get opinions making sure it's worth the trouble.

I need to pick it up first though. It's still sitting in the city at the moment.

Soon, I promise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Huxley
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing