Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, that's right. I come from a long history with Chrysler vehicles, most recently Neons. I'm a moderator on 2GN.org and have a 1 of 31 Stone White 2002 Neon ACR. But enough of that, this is for my Outback.

It is a 2008 black on black XT Limited 5EAT without nav. The original owner had the car delivered with compass mirror with Homelink, STi pedals, and a rear cargo tray. I picked it up right after my birthday in August from the dealer I work for (I'm the parts manager for Brown's Manassas Subaru). Since this is to be my daily so I can mod the Neon for track duty, the desire to mod it was not very strong. At first.

Sorry in advance for the less than stellar pics.

Here she is along with my wife's 2008 LGT. She works at the dealer with me as well.

Within a week I plasti-diped the grille. Waaay too much chrome up there.

The OBK was in pretty good shape overall. Some scrapes, dents, dings on the exterior, and only minor wear inside. Fairly odd hole worn in the carpet above the floor mat along the trans tunnel though.

Next mods were adding all weather mats, a remote starter, and this little gem...

I finally got my flappy paddles installed and wired up. It's so nice to use them rather than having to use the shifter.

I even got the correct column covers.

I was going to mod my covers, but there was no way to make them look good.

Had to expose some wires to get to the correct ones to tap into.

But really, it was cake to install.

Down the road I will be ordering the JDM HVAC double din stereo kit and a Pioneer AVIC. Once I recover from the mods I've already done :lol:

Thanks for looking. More to come...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes folks :D

As far as the Neon goes, I have many year and many dollars wrapped up in it. The Outback was purchased as my daily so I could do some serious work to the Neon. Here are a couple of pics...the amount of mods done to the car so far would take up a lot of space to say the least :lol:

Current projects include HID retrofits, a one-of-a-kind 2.4 SOHC turbo build the standalone engine management, and relocating the rest of the electronic controls, PDC, and wiring from under the hood. Should be fun :29:

If anyone wants the full story of the Neon... 2GN.ORG :: View topic - Chtear Says...Get to modding slacker!...

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
240,000 miles on the NEON my brother inlaw drives to work in "Indiana" like I've always said Indiana is a special kind a place in many ways. LOL

As long as it keeps going my wife and I won't need to help him purchase a new car. So fingers crossed its the only Neon to ever do 500,000 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
subiesailor
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing