Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Tungsten 2018 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ES
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crossing a local bridge, there's a dedicated bus lane and bike lane on the right. If you want to make a right turn at the end of the bridge, there's a break in the bus/bike lane indicated by dashed lines. As I got close to that section, I started to signal my intention to turn right. Traffic began to slow as the light at the end of the bridge turned red.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.2695249,-75.7012423,159m/data=!3m1!1e3

Suddenly, my right side BSD started flashing; someone from a few cars behind couldn't wait for the dashed-line, but instead used the bus-only lane to pass me - on the right - while I'm signalling for a right turn! Had I started to move into that lane, he would have surely hit me. He would probably have been at fault for illegally using the bus lane, but who wants to deal with the hassle of insurance and repairs?

Now, of course, I would have mirror and shoulder checked before changing lanes, even though I knew there weren't any buses or bicycles coming; but it was reassuring that 'the system' had my back. As long as they keep giving licenses to ignorant, inconsiderate, azzhats in a big hurry, we'll need all the extra 'eyes' on the road we can get.

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
603 Posts
And the person who would of hit you would of been loudly complaining that "they do it all the time and nobody ever pulled in front of me before".

I was hit by a car that was behind me at an intersection. The driver told the police officer that she thought I was going to run the light and she was going to follow me through.

It lifted my car up in the air and my rear bumper came down right before the windshield of their car. Totaled their car, broke a muffler hangar on mine. I traded that car in a few months later, you can never really be sure on exactly what other damages were done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts