Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 & 2014 Outback
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have several Subaru Dealers here in Cincinnati. We choose to purchase from Kings for my wife's 2011 Subaru OB. We got a fair deal without much haggling so when it came time to for me to purchase a new car we went back to Kings.

We picked my new car up on a Saturday but before comming home we stopped at the Mall so the wife could pick up a new pair of shoes. I parked away from everyone and upon returning (20 Minutes later) we found my new 2 hour old 2013 OB had several key scratches in the rear deck lid next to the Temp Tag. I was so mad it sucked all the happiness out of the rest of the weekend.

We also notices we had left some paperwork on the salesman's desk so on Monday we rode back out to Kings. I mentioned what had happened to our new car and the salesman had their detail man look at it and he told him there was no way to buff the scratches out and that it needed to be repainted in that area.

At that point our salesman ask if we had a hour or two and took our car keys and gave me the keys to his car and told up to come back in a few hours.

The dealerships there have a auto body shop in the complex and that's where the car was taken. We stopped at the body shop several times in the next few hours to see them sanding down the clear and color coat but not deep enough to break thru the primer. They repainted and clearcoated about half the lower part of the deck lid.

We went back to the dealership to pick up the car and you couldnt tell where the scratches were. They did a really good job.

The salesman walked up to me and handed me my keys and told me he hoped we would have a nice evening, shook my hand and started to walked away.

I stood there for a minute and ask him what I owed him? He smiled and said no charge and walked away.

I have never been so shocked in my life. He really did care that we were satisfied.

This is a true story no bull and I'm still blown away.

·
Registered
2010 3.6R Limited
504 Posts
I read so many dealer horror stories here, it's great to read one like this. I live in Athens, Ohio, when it comes time to get a new Subaru I may have to make a trip West.

·
Registered
557 Posts
you have a great INDIVIDUAL there.

i hope you followup with a letter, if anything, stating how happy you were with the sales process and his great customer service.

hopefully, he doesn't get in trouble for not charging you with the repair.

joel

·
Registered
2012 limited, white, no moonroof or nav
1,698 Posts
You owe it to them to tell everyone you know that story. And you better go back to buy your next car there, too. Customer service at its best.

·
Registered
2013 satin white pearl OB premium, 2.5i cvt, w/ moonroof
27 Posts
that is an incredible story! i'm sure the dealership will make up the cost plus more for the body worked purely on great customer service. car buyers will want to give this dealership their business.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i Limited, 2012 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
19 Posts
Great story. You should let Subaru corporate know about it. Sounds like you found one **** of a sales professional.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts