Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 White Limited Hybrid
448 Posts
Does it use bluetooth or what, and would that interfere with the phone?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It makes it so you don't have to plug in your phone to use Android Auto. I can then use wireless charging for my phone or not even take it out of my pocket.

·
Premium Member
2022 Grey Outback Premium
333 Posts
After months of waiting got my AAWireless dongle. Works as advertised. Sync-up takes less than 10 seconds.
Link to where you bought it, and how long have you had it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Literally got it this morning. Besides with turning the car on to see it sync, I haven't gone anywhere.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
12,756 Posts
I think @chvvkumar and @kyodan75 have the same one - it works for them as well and the only downside is that it increases battery drain on your phone.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited
85 Posts
I received mine a couple of days ago but haven't had a chance to try it out, though I have heard good things here and elsewhere! Here's a link to the Indigogo campaign:

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,648 Posts
Care to elaborate?
Like @Boilerfan86 said, the project started off on Indigogo. It's a site where people crowd fund their ideas into products. The general quality of things on there is quite variable. All the way from campaigns not delivering on their promises to actual reputable corporations using indigogo or kickstarter to gauge and crowdfund their products.

So what I meant was, I supported the project 7 months ago based on the initial demos they did of the prototypes. I am quite happy it turned out so well.

·
Premium Member
2022 Grey Outback Premium
333 Posts
I can plug in my phone in less than 2 :p
Plus the time it takes for the phone to talk to the radio. Mine ranges from 2-5 seconds. So still faster, but I can see the draw of AAWireless. Esp. for 'round town' trips where I have to plug/unplug a lot. Then for distance, plug it in so it charges.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness, Magnetite Gray Metallic, Gray Interior
98 Posts
I think @chvvkumar and @kyodan75 have the same one - it works for them as well and the only downside is that it increases battery drain on your phone.
I haven't experienced an increase in battery usage while using the Wireless AA dongle. I have noticed that it does cause an infotainment system reboot after two hours of constant use while driving. I hope it's not the same way when I pick up my 22 Wilderness in a couple of weeks. We'll see.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I haven't experienced an increase in battery usage while using the Wireless AA dongle. I have noticed that it does cause an infotainment system reboot after two hours of constant use while driving. I hope it's not the same way when I pick up my 22 Wilderness in a couple of weeks. We'll see.
It is the same with the wireless Carplay dongles. (well, not a full reboot of the infotainment but a reboot of carplay)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts