Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am just about to buy a new 2018 2.5 Premium here in NZ next week - not sure what model that works out to in Nth America - (Has leather, 8inch screen, Full Eye sight etc. Basically everything except the Harmon Kardon stereo.)

Have had 2 Subarus before, but this will be my first ever new car purchase.

The dealer is about a 2 hour drive from where I live, so quite far. I'll be collecting and driving it back the same day.

Am just wondering if there's anything in particular I may need to keep an eye on?

I'm aware of people having certain issues with the infotainment, but apart from that is there anything of note I should be looking out for straight off the bat?
Expect not, but appreciate any tips you may have.

Thanks for any info.

·
Read Only
453 Posts
Other than negotiating the price and possibly warranty extension, no, there are no issues. The complaints on this forum are very few compared to the number of Subarus sold. They also seem to repeat continuously so the severity appears to be far worse.

The oil consumption issue was solved several years ago. The battery size may be an issue but you wont know until you actually get the car and use it.

Great car, best of luck to you.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
Tips... Enjoy and congratulations. Issues?.....Your face is going to be sore from smiling so much while driving your new OB. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am curious about the oil consumption issue - you said it was solved ?

I have a 2018 Subaru Forester manual transmission and it consumes quite a bit of oil, as far as I know this is the same H4 that the lower Outback trims have.

There are people who report oil consumption with CVTs as well.

Do you mean to say that the H6 has no oil consumption issues at all ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Other than negotiating the price and possibly warranty extension, no, there are no issues. The complaints on this forum are very few compared to the number of Subarus sold. They also seem to repeat continuously so the severity appears to be far worse.

The oil consumption issue was solved several years ago. The battery size may be an issue but you wont know until you actually get the car and use it.

Great car, best of luck to you.
Thank you. Can't wait. Right now I'm thinking the hardest part will be taking it easy on the drive back with new engine/brakes. It's one of the best drives in the country...

·
Registered
2018 Subaru OB Premium
260 Posts
On the infotainment front, I haven't experienced any issues from mine, apple carplay can be a tad buggy at times, but has never been inconvenient

I love mine so far, very comfortable car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts