Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Outback, 5 speed, 234k miles. Today on my drive to work, the ABS brakes starting kicking in while I was driving doing about 15 mph. This made for a very jerky 50 feet before I could pull over. I unplugged the ABS fuses and the issue went away (abs light on now as it should be). What could this be? wheel speed sensors?

I began driving again, all seemed ok. I tried to use cruise control, but the system won't turn on when the button is pressed. Maybe uses same ABS fuse even though it has its own? Then my radio began sounding like bees that got louder when I'd press the gas. So I switched to CD after about 2 minutes the CD began to sound like bees. Then my CD player crashed and stopped playing music and began playing only buzzing... Then I pulled up to a stop light and my gauge cluster began intermittently loosing power. gauges would drop to 0 then jump up, and my blinker kept changing speeds.

My first thought is to check the grounds. I will do that when I get home, but about 3 weeks ago my car wouldn't start due to bad grounds so I cleaned them up and put dielectric grease on them. So I wouldn't really suspect this to be the issue. Any ideas?

On aside note, my car has been well cared for, but has left me stranded about 5 times in the last 10 months and something has needed to be replaced every week for about the last two months. I know it has high miles but I spend 3 nights a week, every week fixing things. Are your high mileage Subaru more reliable?

·
Registered
05 Xt beatin' to an inch of its life
620 Posts
Check battery and alternator next for output voltage, presence of ac, and battery capacitance. May need to take it to a shop for that last test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts