Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback sen 2.5
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an 07 Outback 2.5 sen,the other day i took it on a dry dirt track and all seemed ok,but when i got back to the car and started it the abs light came on and stayed on and error code 55 came up on the odeometer and the cruise control wont work.I have tried disconnecting the battery and pumping the barkes but still the same,other than the above the car runs ok, does any one have any ideas what the problem could be and how to fix it.

·
Registered
18,294 Posts
error code 55
Is this showing in the trip odometer as "Er55"? If so, then it's actually "ErSS", which is indicating a communications problem related to the ABS wheel speed sensors (see attached). This could be caused by something simple such as dirt on a wheel speed sensor that is preventing it from picking up the magnetic signal from the rotating wheel hub. Or it could be a bad connection to a wheel speed sensor. This might not be all that unusual after the car has been taken out on a dirt track.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Outback sen 2.5
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi yes it is showing er55 and i will check the car tonight for dirt around the sensors and if it is something like dirt or poor connection will it re set the fault or does it need to go to a dealer to re set it?

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT, 121,000 miles
168 Posts
I got this same error code on my 2005 Outback XT. The ABS light and error code disappeared, but the Check Engine light was on yellow, and the Cruise Control didn't work.

This came on while trying to get over a small snow covered hill. The tires did a lot of slipping and snow was flying. Based on what the above posts said, perhaps snow got into the ABS sensor?

I made a stop at the local auto parts store to use their OBDC checker to reset the error code. I didn't see where to hook it up to the car, so gave it back without doing anything. I thought I'd simply come here and see where the connector location was before getting down on my knees in the wet snow to look below the dash panel.

And when I started it back up, the lights were cleared. Problem gone.

Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Snow melted no doubt.
I have ERSS code due to aged batts in wheel sensors. How to disable the code? I miss my trip meters. And am
not willing to pay big $$ for a system I don't need or want.
Any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts