Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the APPARENT lack of uniformity in the Nippon and Bosch ABS outlet ports, could someone with real knowledge label the ports on my 97 Outback, a colored picture of which is shown below, along with similar modules shown from Subaru tech sheets.
In particular I need to know for sure which port goes to my driver's side rear wheel so I can block that ABS port off. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,448 Posts
You would not be blocking the "ABS port". You would be blocking fluid flow altogether if you block that line. Meaning no braking on the wheel you block off. If you want to stop the ABS working for whatever reason, unplug it, remove the fuse or relay, but DO NOT block off a hydraulic line and drive it. If you need to work on that wheel's brake assembly and need to stop flow, get a hose clamp tool made for brake line clamping and clamp off the hose while you do the repair then bleed out the caliper when you reassemble it.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...i42sh0Md6PjhsfJ76SxoCJS0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

What's the issue with the wheel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks .... but this didn't the question, it just repeated good practice which I'm aware of. This is a backwoods emergency, something quite different. In the event, I was able just an hour ago to resolve this issue. Again, thank you for at least replying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts