Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5l EJ25D
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have issues with the ABS system? My ABS fuse has started clicking after I replaced the intake manifold gaskets and cleaned all of my wire connectors and the stupid fuse has been causing a bunch of new error codes. What am I to do about fixing this issue?

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,144 Posts
Anybody else have issues with the ABS system? My ABS fuse has started clicking after I replaced the intake manifold gaskets and cleaned all of my wire connectors and the stupid fuse has been causing a bunch of new error codes. What am I to do about fixing this issue?
One of your sensors could be failing. You can check all of those...
@plain OM may be able to shed some light on what voltages and resistance should be.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of your sensors could be failing. You can check all of those...
@plain OM may be able to shed some light on what voltages and resistance should be.
I had replaced all of them when I did the brakes about 5 months ago. And it has never done this before even when my first abs sensor went out. I'm just drawing a blank. My car has been sitting for almost a month and a half and I need it back on the road because the transmission is my chevy is almost gone.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,308 Posts
I had replaced all of them when I did the brakes about 5 months ago. And it has never done this before even when my first abs sensor went out. I'm just drawing a blank. My car has been sitting for almost a month and a half and I need it back on the road because the transmission is my chevy is almost gone.
did you try swapping some of the relays/ slow blow fuses around to see if the problem / noise moves.?

and it could be worse.

this could be a keep forever last year 1997 SVX

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you try swapping some of the relays/ slow blow fuses around to see if the problem / noise moves.?

and it could be worse.

this could be a keep forever last year 1997 SVX
Yeah I did that and it turned out to be fine. But then more troubles began, I successfully got it once around my block and then the fluctuating idle started and then it stalled out and my dash lights turned on and won't go off and had to disconnect the battery again. Anyone wanna buy the stupid thing? and also some smoking from the passenger side head but its displaying no other symptoms of head gasket failure. So I'm done with poking and prodding around with this car but I have to because I have no other vehicles. Except my motorcycle but I don't ride in snow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts