Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Outback is blowing a very light/fine smoke through the vents! It just started today. It has no odor and it would alternate through the front vents. Has anyone experience this or has any advice? I just had an oil change recently and the air filter was clean...help!!!

·
Registered
2003 LL Bean Outback H6 and 2019 Outback Base
514 Posts
Did you have the A/C on ? My car has done this several times with the a/c on....its steam because it dissapates quickly.

Can you smell the smoke?

Does is dissapate quickly ?

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,705 Posts
is the weather oddly humid too?

might just be some condensation if there's no smell and everything is working well.

might be a good idea to investigate changing the cabin air filter and confirming the A/C drain is clear.

·
Registered
2007 OBXT Limited, 5MT 148K
420 Posts
It's almost certainly water vapor. Ever opened a freezer on a warm day and seen the "fog" rolling out? Same thing.

On a positive note, that means your A/C is working pretty well. ;)

·
Registered
01 Outback H6 VDC, 97 GT wgn w/ ej22, 98 OBW w/ej22
1,401 Posts
it is probably just condensation, or i call it frost. i can sometimes make mine do it by running the ac for a while and then turning the blower off. when i turn the blower back on it will put out smoke like stuff.

the AC system is sealed, just like the engine cooling system that provides heat. the AC sends cold refrigerant through a ''radiator'' type thing and the blower then moves the air around it , cooling it is goes.

so if the AC is creating cold air, the system is still sealed and working. anything else is environmental.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts