Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Outback 2.5i. I live in a hot dry climate and there has always been heavy condensation but last summer it was water, this summer I have noticed a small ring in my garage and the consistency of the residue is neither water or oil, but something inbetween. I took a sample on a paper towel and it is somewhat brown with no odor. Mechanic at dealership said heavy condensation with some residue is normal. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
'05 2.5i H4 4-Speed Auto w/Sportshift
514 Posts
My basement dehumidifier is putting out a lot of iron bacteria along with the water it expels from the cold coils. Ours is a reddish-brown, slimy substance. Is yours slimy as well?

I can see that it is kind of clogging up the coils it gets so slimy. The only thing I can think is it may be sucking some of the metal filings that come off my bench grinder that is about 8' away from the dehumidifier.

For that to happen on a car condenser makes one wonder where it would be coming from, unless someone is doing something we are not aware of.:8:

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,572 Posts
the moisture in the tube - maybe also on the coils, can support fungus growth. Some folks even have fungus or insects clog the drain tube.

Also, change the cabin air filter to keep air moving through the coils.

Some folks even turn the A/C compressor off (with the fan still on)a few minutes before parking the car so the coils are more dry when they leave the vehicle parked.

is this substance in exactly the same spot as previous water from the a/c ? if not, could be some other fluid (power steering, oil-filled bushing juice, etc.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts