Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a dead AC condensor fan (4-blade fan at radiator/condensor) that I'd like to replace sometime. Found one for $50 from a 2000 OB. I'd just go test fit it... but it's about an hour upstate from me. Can anyone vouch for [in]compatibility? Any other years/models besides 2nd-gen Legacy line?

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Some of the 2000's were built as early as June of 1999 and would certainly be a closer fit. But, my main concerns would obviously be the mounting points, electrical connections, width and height. Less obvious, the depth. If the fans are already out of the cars, perhaps you could exchange pics or measurements? Sorry I can only kibitz and not vouch.

·
Registered
335 Posts
1st gens use 4 bolts (2 on top and 2 on bottom) to hold the fan in. 2nd gens only use 2 bolts at the top and have drop in style clips at the bottom. Connectors I'm not sure about it would be just as easy to use some butt connectors and hardwire the fan in. Maybe drill holes at the bottom with longer bolts to reach the rad?

It's kind of a stretch.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
I could ship the correct fan for your car to your door for $50.

No cutting splicing fussing etc.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up just picking up a used fan last weekend at Nissenbaum's in Cambridge, MA. Nice place; lots of awards & recognition, helpful & friendly, and good inventory. $65, can't argue.
Sorry I didn't see your post the last couple days, LockMedic! =\ Would have brought you business, but at least I get to share a nice reliable parts shop with y'all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
airlia101
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing