Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
18,118 Posts
Check your cabin air filter if you have one. It will be behind the glove box.

Do you have dual zone AC? Auto or manual?

Is the fan speed changing through all speeds?

Was the leak located and repaired when the system was recharged? Most AC repairs I do consist of replacing the Schroeder valves on the Hi and Lo sides or replacing seals at the connection joints if they are leaking. Most times the seals at the compressor will leak.

Possibles are you are low of refrigerant again because it leaked out, door motor failure, clogged cabin filter restricting air flow, cooling fan issue or, and its unlikely really, part of the air flow tube is disconnected. I have replaced 1 AC compressor on a Subaru. They are tough.

·
Premium Member
18,118 Posts
If it has a cabin filter its behind the glove box. You will see a removable door once the box is out of the way.

Has anyone had the dashboard apart or changed out the stereo?

Without dual zone control, the system use a motor for vent control, temp control and another for recirculating air. It's either a restriction of the air flow or something is disconnected in the air tunes behind the dashboard.

·
Premium Member
18,118 Posts
Pull the stereo out. Something got dislodged in the installation is what I would put a high percentage of probability on. You will most likely find the joint in the ductwork behind the stereo has a gap.

This is the best pic I can come up with at the moment.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,118 Posts
Wow. The car was trying to tell you something, eh? You think it was saying, "I quit", turning in for early retirement?

I have always been a believer of planning ahead on some things and being prepared for the short end of the stick when it comes to the unexpected. I have an account just for the "what ifs". I keep adding to it by habit and seldom withdraw, but I know its there if I need it.

Maybe I need a vacation to Jamaica. :cool:

Nah.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.