Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
19,294 Posts
cardoc's suggestion about checking for a clogged cabin filter is good. dig around at cars101.com . there might be a youtube video also. 2000-2004 should all be the same for Outback and legacy.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
19,294 Posts
I actually took his advice and pulled the glove box out this morning. There actually wasn't a cabin filter installed. It has the compartment for one but there wasn't one in there. It appears to have came to the factory that way, it didn't look like anyone ha been in there. After closer examination, I've noticed that the far passenger vent is blowing the same as the two driver vents. So the problem is the right vent above the CD player/ac controls. I believe it to be a tube obstructed or something similar to that. Anyone have a simple solution to get back there and check?
quite possible. IIRC, it was listed as an option on our 03 so, they all have the capability to use one, but it isn't 'required'.

too bad you didn't spot a problem as I think all the blend doors may be tricky to get too.

dig around at http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b12/type_25/ and maybe you can find a general layout.

or perhaps someone has a link to the FSM for that ducting and venting stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.