Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved this Email from my dealer of purchase:

"I sincerely hope that you have been enjoying your new Subaru Outback. It has been 6 months since your purchase, and now may time for your second scheduled maintenance".

Really!! Second "scheduled" maintenance?? Somehow I managed to miss the first one.;) There goes the warranty.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
Dealer schedule = irrelevant.

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,567 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correction. There goes the dealer warranty.

...worth every penny you paid for it,

Looby
What! You mean I actually paid for the free lunch?? Damm, it's always in the fine print.;)

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,644 Posts
Dealer schedule = irrelevant.
...I completely agree. They are out to get as much $$$ from you as they can. Here is the official maintenance sched from the full service manual. You should notice a difference in what is here and what your dealer gives you ...I sure did.

Attachments

·
Registered
Tungsten 2017 2.5 Limited w Eyesight SOLD!
1,043 Posts
Funny as my dealer just asumed that I have 50K on the odo and may need new tires.. They offered $25 of OEM tires and a deal on a 4 wheel alignment...
A few thing are wrong here; A, I have 45K on the clock and B, they couldn't GIVE me those craptastic Conti's for free.
I have to give the dealers credit for trying to make a $.. Not over my back however..:)

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited, Special Appearance Package, Brilliant Brown Pearl, Saddle Brown Leather, HK Audio, Moonroof, Navigation
212 Posts
I did my 1st oil change at 3000 miles, 2nd at 8500 miles, and the next will be 15,000 miles. I will stick with the MANUFACTURE schedule from there on out.

There is no reason to change full synthetic oil every 3000 miles....or even 5000 miles.

Fear is a motivator for many....

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,644 Posts
Funny as my dealer just asumed that I have 50K on the odo and may need new tires.. They offered $25 of OEM tires and a deal on a 4 wheel alignment...
A few thing are wrong here; A, I have 45K on the clock and B, they couldn't GIVE me those craptastic Conti's for free.
I have to give the dealers credit for trying to make a $.. Not over my back however..:)
It is amazing how gullable some service people think car owners are...that you have to do everything that they say. Yes...I may have been born in the morning...but not yesterday morning. And some dealers wonder why they get a bad name.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Correct title for the thread should be "accelerated dealer profit schedule".

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Correct title for the thread should be "accelerated dealer profit schedule".
Used car lots, service and F&I (where they sell you addional service contracts) at any dealership are the money makers. Dealers make marginal profit on new car sales nowadays... so they push other departments to make money. I spent a couple of years as a car salesman... I know the inner workings!

·
Registered
Tungsten 2017 2.5 Limited w Eyesight SOLD!
1,043 Posts
It is amazing how gullable some service people think car owners are...that you have to do everything that they say. Yes...I may have been born in the morning...but not yesterday morning. And some dealers wonder why they get a bad name.
Yup..They prey on the largely uneducated gullible public...:(

·
Registered
2013 2.5 Limited
22 Posts
I find this one of the most unethical practices of any car company I've ever bought a car from - their web site through its mysubaru login also does not follow the actual warranty booklet. It uses the 3K, 6K, 9K service rather than the 7.5K listed in the warranty book (for a 2.5). This seems like an intent to obscure rather than just greedy dealers. Changing synthetic oil every 3K is nuts. Anybody from Subaru ever read these boards???

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited
213 Posts
In the schedule that scoobydoo2 posted, the US and Canada sections differ for the 1st oil change for the 2.5. US is 7,500 miles and Canada is 3,000. Anyone know why?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts