Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Half the time that one of my front doors open with the car running, the car thinks that the key fob is leaving the car and I get an "access key not detected". The key fob is still sitting in storage area below the HVAC. It eventually goes away. Anybody else ever get that?

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,243 Posts
Have you tried to move the Fob to another location or in your pocket?

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Limited Forester (hers) (4th Subie), 2014 Impreza Premium (mine)(#5)
2,292 Posts
Based upon what I know, that's correct on the battery.

Also, keep in mind that if the door is open, the actual receiver / sensor on the car is located IN the door. So you've put the access key in a spot sitting still and then move the sensor away from it. It's the same thing as moving the key away.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Touring Pearl White
37 Posts
I notice that if the fob is too close to my phone it will cause this type of malfunction. I'm not sure exactly what the interference is, but something my phone is emitting blocks the fob signal.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT
124 Posts
I've experienced the exact same issue. Instead of keeping the keys in the cubby below the AC controls, keep it in the door pocket. I do not get the message when the key stays in the door pocket.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2019 WRX STI.
I keep getting Access Key disabled Messages.
I have waited for Over two House Noé And still Sameer ****.
I State hating Subaru with stupid Engineers Working for them. How to fix Thaïs issue?
I cant even roll IP MY Windows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts