Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Gen 3 99 Outback (2000 model in USA) and have the original "Subaru Genuine Accessories" brochure that came with the car back when it was bought new.

Here in Australia the in-dash CD player seems to have been a Clarion. And it seems that a CD-Stacker was a listed option for the Outback. Presumably it's the one pictured in the brochure. (The brochure covers all 99 Subaru models).

It just so happens that back in 1999 I bought a car stereo and a stacker for my previous car, and they look identical to this brochure pic.

My issue is not "Is it compatible with the head unit?" I have another compatible head unit, which I'm swapping out.

My issue is - Where on Earth did Subaru put that stacker?!

It doesn't look like it will fit under the passenger seat at all. Maybe towards the front of the drivers seat... but not sure how...
That leaves the Glove Compartment... ?

Has anyone got a Liberty or Outback with this option installed?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've put my cd stacker (fm modulator one) under the passenger's seat (the front) and it just fits heightwise. I have also "done up" some fishing line and velcro to hold the stacker in place when the seat is moved back or forward or when turning corners. I'll see if I can get a pic to show you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
chrisx
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing