Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add in a separate line to my 2017 Outback (standard shift 2.5 l ) to use for a 150 Watt inverter so that I can charge equipment while on the road.

The existing outlets are only good for 120 watts.

Does anyone have suggestions about the best location to thread two 10 gauge wires through the bulkhead to the passenger side?

I envisage running a separate line direct to battery, with 20 amp in line fuse near to battery, then to standard plug in outlet on floor inside. I have it set up with crocodile clips for use when stationary in the field but it would be nice to have it working when driving.

I appreciate any suggestions, including how to remove glove box if I come in behind that area.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
In general, the area under the cluster on the drivers side of the dash is the most open area, from the interior side. The passenger side will have the heater box and other HVAC connections that may make it much harder to access the firewall. I would look into a set of DC quick disconnects if you want to keep it mobile. Are you planning on running any additional accessories? Just wondering whats the purpose of the two 10 awg wires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts