Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.5 Outback
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched at length, and came up empty. I bought a 2018 2.5 Base, and want to add fog lights to the factory location, and would prefer L.E.D. has anyone done this that can provide products that are known to fit stock location? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,490 Posts
Purchase and install the factory fogs and then add led bulbs.

·
Registered
2017 OB Touring 2.5L Wilderness Green/Java Brown Popular w/Package 5a
36 Posts
Will the factory reflectors properly focus LED bulbs?
Good question, Quartermaster_James. I'll be following this. I'd prefer not to put moose lights on right away.

I've been talking to the folks down your way at Continental about a 2017 OB Touring.
Any experience with them good/bad/indifferent? If I can get a deal we can live with, the wife and I plan on taking the train down and driving the car back.

Any recommendations for tire dealers? Probably go ahead and buy a set of winter tires while I'm there. Maybe even save a few bucks...

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Premium CVT
116 Posts
Good question, Quartermaster_James. I'll be following this. I'd prefer not to put moose lights on right away.

I've been talking to the folks down your way at Continental about a 2017 OB Touring.
Any experience with them good/bad/indifferent? If I can get a deal we can live with, the wife and I plan on taking the train down and driving the car back.

Any recommendations for tire dealers? Probably go ahead and buy a set of winter tires while I'm there. Maybe even save a few bucks...
Sorry for the delayed reply: I went up to Paxson and drove the Denali Highway over to Cantwell over the last few days.

I've had nothing but good service from Continental. I bought my Outback down in PDX and drove it up here though, so I've only had casual banter with their sales staff. They handled my maintenance, warranty, and recall service for four years, before I started tinkering with the car myself. I also have them do my tire change overs. When I finally ditched the stock tires for Geolandars, there was no one in Anchorage that had them, so I ordered them through Amazon Prime :smile2: That was right before Yokohama switched models though, so that might explain the scarcity. I did buy my studded winter tires from Continental my first winter here. I bought a whole set on steel rims, with TPMS, at a reasonable price. Otherwise, I'd send you to Alaska Tire Service on 88th.

Long story short: I've found their service and parts prices competitive, service good, people always competent and friendly. Yeah, parts did try to steer me towards the Toyo's they sell when I was looking for AT tires, but they did call their suppliers to try to find Geolandars for me too. I'm not going to fault a guy for doing his job, and I couldn't find anyone in town that had them either. :smile2:

Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help. Oh! And I've been ruminating over adding lights too (which is how I got on this Gen 5 thread) and just decided to "go big or go home" and ordered the SSD bar. Not sure yet what I'm going to mount light wise yet, but am leaning towards just some basic Hella driving and fogs. Any other recommendation for moose lights? Even the stock OB fog lights are a big help tracking lane lines in winter. :grin2:

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 2.5L, Auto; 2018 Forester, 2.5L, Auto (for Mama); 2005 Baja, 2.5 Turbo, Manual
796 Posts
Went thru the same with my 13 Basic. Got the factory fog light kit and it was easy enough to be worth the money it cost over working with a generic set of lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts