Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
Yes!! By swapping to an aftermarket unit! I know it's not what you want but it's probably the best option. The only other way would be to get the iPod adapter and that might not work exactly as you wish. The FM transmitter won't work great, and you loose the ability to get any info. If there is anyone with another option is SVXdc. He does sell an RCA input adapter that is available for some Subies, but that still doesn't get you your information.

Personally I would look into an aftermarket solution. I know that it won't look as good as the factory but it may be better in the long run since you would get an iPod option and you wouldn't have the issue with the CD's anymore.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
In general the aftermarket will interface with the OEM stuff, one way or other. I have a Limited that has the "black box" amp under the passenger seat that accepts the low level inputs from the RCA's of the radio just fine. I'm not intimately familiar with the 3rd gen but I would guess that there is a way to adapt a radio. Before we bought our 4th gen we looked at a 3rd gen and the only issue I saw was the models with dual zone A/C needed a JDM kit to get things to work properly. I don't remember anything particular about the wiring. I would stop by your local specialty shop and see what you can find out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts