Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Outback
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I did some searching but struggled to find any recent threads on this topic. I am considering purchasing the Added Security Gold Plus plan for my 2021 Outback. I am looking at the 7 year/100K option.

I understand that there are some dealers that have consistently had good pricing, but I am in California so I can only purchase from a CA dealer (trust me - I tried). I have been emailing around to get quotes but its hard to get responses. So far, out of the three I have received so far, the best is $1,850 with no deductible. Is this a reasonable deal? Or should I keep looking?

Thanks all

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Outback
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some info in this thread.

There are other gold plus warranty threads out there.

That price would be good for a zero deductible 10/100 plan. It’s not a terrible price, but they can go lower.
I knew I'd seen it somewhere! Thanks for pointing it out.

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
1,379 Posts
@walker I’m being quoted $1550 7/100 $100 deductible or $1800 7/100 $0 deductible for my 2019 OB. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
Seems like people were getting low quotes recently that were the 2019 pre increase prices.

I remember Stanley Subaru was keeping the prices set in early 2019 even though the dealer cost was going up $200 on most plans, and the MSRP listing had dropped $100 on the same plans (Stanley, Liberty, and Stamford had some of the better pricing)

those numbers are $150 over the late 2019 early 2020 pricing. I’d bet they can come down a bit but it’s getting close to as low as they might go.

here was the 2019 list, so 2 years out of date…. This list was February, and then in April 2019 the price increase.

feb2019

April 2019

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in that other thread (Gen 6 - The MSRP/Invoice/Purchase Price/Extended...) but sorting via CA-only dealers is tough. .e.g, even this thread steers into out-of-CA dealers.

@walker I’m being quoted $1550 7/100 $100 deductible or $1800 7/100 $0 deductible for my 2019 OB. Your thoughts?
Would this happen to be in CA? If so, I'll pull the trigger on that.

If it's in FL (re: your username), I'll shed my CA tears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I did some searching but struggled to find any recent threads on this topic. I am considering purchasing the Added Security Gold Plus plan for my 2021 Outback. I am looking at the 7 year/100K option.

I understand that there are some dealers that have consistently had good pricing, but I am in California so I can only purchase from a CA dealer (trust me - I tried). I have been emailing around to get quotes but its hard to get responses. So far, out of the three I have received so far, the best is $1,850 with no deductible. Is this a reasonable deal? Or should I keep looking?

Thanks all
In 2014 purchase 7year/70000 miles ( $100 deductible ) for our 2013 outback from Stanley Subaru in Maine ( live in Oklahoma ) for under $800. Phone call and credit card is all it took. Extended warranty good at any Subaru dealership nationwide. Extended Warranty shows up at local dealership when VIN was punched in when i had a servicing done.

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
1,379 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
but I am in California so I can only purchase from a CA dealer (trust me - I tried). I have been emailing around to get quotes but its hard to get responses. So far, out of the three I have received so far, the best is $1,850 with no deductible. Is this a reasonable deal? Or should I keep looking?
@spencertimm , who quoted you the $1850 with no deductible? And to double check, that's for Gold Plus and not a dealer-only warranty? (Subaru Cars, Sedans, SUVs | Subaru of America).

Am also looking to get a Gold Plus add-on from a CA dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@spencertimm, I will be interested in the dealer who quoted you this price... I recently purchased a 2019 Outback and am looking around for good deal on Gold Plus warranty (I am based in Fremont). Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts