Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, this site is way too addictive, I think I am becoming obsessed about my car, heeelllppp :4:

·
Registered
MY04 Outback 3.0
75 Posts
having the same problem... is there a cure? Do I want to be cured?

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,122 Posts
Jondalar said:
hey guys, this site is way too addictive, I think I am becoming obsessed about my car, heeelllppp :4:
I feel your pain brother! Many of my friends have said that I'm obsessed with car, my Outback in particular being the worst. Just because I have my own Outback site doesn't mean that I or any of the members here are neccessarily "obsessed" with our cars, we all just share a great interest in them. I think its perfectly resonable considering that buying any car can be considered an investment for most people so I'd think that you'd want to be interested in it and hopefully attain a decent amount of knowledge about it so that you can be informed about things concerning the vehicle and also be able to maintain it for however long you decide to keep it. Go figure, the people who don't care about their cars are the ones that end of having cars that turn into crap down the road. Its like a wise man once told me, "Its better to be safe with knowledge than to be stupid without." ;)

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Quite addictive, at least my wife said so. But it is neat to come here and jostle back and forth, expanding our knowledge on our cars. I care about my car very much so, I mean it does get me to work on time.
As a wise wife once told me "you're a Subaru freak!"
But it's sooo fun. Of course I dragged her into my own private **** when she bought a Baja.:cool: Brian

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
350 Posts
This site is definately addictive. I remeber when I first signed up here, the site was new and as expected, didn't have too much traffic. Took a little while but the site is really taking off. With the new Legacy/Outback it's only going to get better. Great job by both Hero Boots and bheinz57 who I believe are responsible for getting the site up and running. :7:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes great job creating the site, obviously you will become rich and famous, well at least deserve to be! :6:

injektilo said:
This site is definately addictive. I remeber when I first signed up here, the site was new and as expected, didn't have too much traffic. Took a little while but the site is really taking off. With the new Legacy/Outback it's only going to get better. Great job by both Hero Boots and bheinz57 who I believe are responsible for getting the site up and running. :7:

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Hero Boots (Kevin) gets a lot of the credit, so does the The other Admin (Dan I think) As for myself, Brian, I am a conveyor of Suby news and info. I was asked by Kevin early on to be a moderator and such. So I take enough credit to say I brought some Suby folk and info to the site.
I think you could technically call January 6th or so the beginning of the site. We have over 150 worldwide contributers now. Pretty good since laying low and being mostly Outback specific. And a good job to all of you to keep us alive! :7: Cheers. Brian

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
350 Posts
Don't want to leave anyone out...thanks to the other Admin (Dan?) as well.:)

·
5,122 Posts
Jondalar said:
Yes great job creating the site, obviously you will become rich and famous, well at least deserve to be! :6:
Oh, stop! :p I'd be happy if I just got 2 free 2005 Outbacks, one XT and one LL Bean :D (is Subaru listening?) All that richy business is for the shmucks driving cars twice as expensive but not nearly as good ;) I'll be happy if this site gets some good recognition from Subaru itself, my #1 goal for the site right now. injektilo, you were right on with your assessment as towards the new Outback. That was one of my selling points of sorts when I was convincing our site owner Daniel to start up this site two months ago. If anyone thinks this site is slow now ***points the finger at... well mods you know who*** just wait until the new Outbacks start hitting U.S. dealer lots and this place will launch like an ICBM preparing to nuke Moscow back in the Cold War.

Take this Communists of NABISCO!!! :11:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hero Boots said:

Oh, stop! :p I'd be happy if I just got 2 free 2005 Outbacks, one XT and one LL Bean :D (is Subaru listening?) All that richy business is for the shmucks driving cars twice as expensive but not nearly as good ;) I'll be happy if this site gets some good recognition from Subaru itself, my #1 goal for the site right now. injektilo, you were right on with your assessment as towards the new Outback. That was one of my selling points of sorts when I was convincing our site owner Daniel to start up this site two months ago. If anyone thinks this site is slow now ***points the finger at... well mods you know who*** just wait until the new Outbacks start hitting U.S. dealer lots and this place will launch like an ICBM preparing to nuke Moscow back in the Cold War.

Take this Communists of NABISCO!!! :11:
Kevin, just as Subaru for two Outbacks for "long term testing" seeing as you are a legitimate car reviewer now :D

·
5,122 Posts
Jondalar said:
Kevin, just as Subaru for two Outbacks for "long term testing" seeing as you are a legitimate car reviewer now :D
Great idea Karl! Yea, they can be for "long term testing" for the site! Ya know do up an independent, unbiased *:p* review... **** Subaru should take me up on the deal!!! They should give me free insurance and gas as well! :D

***5 minutes later***

Kevin's Commander: MILLER!!! Wake up! :headslap:

Kevin: Yes sir! Sorry sir for sleeping on the job!

Commander: Damnit Miller, the U.S. gov't is not paying for you to sleep on the job and dream about your friggin' Subarus.

Kevin: Yes Sir! It won't happen again...

***Commander walks off... :23:***

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hero Boots said:

***5 minutes later***

Kevin's Commander: MILLER!!! Wake up! :headslap:

Kevin: Yes sir! Sorry sir for sleeping on the job!

Commander: Damnit Miller, the U.S. gov't is not paying for you to sleep on the job and dream about your friggin' Subarus.

Kevin: Yes Sir! It won't happen again...

***Commander walks off... :23:***

Well the other plan would be convince the Military to ditch those gas guzzling HumVee's and get Outbacks, then dreaming about them would be legitimate and patriotic even...

:D

·
Registered
MY17 Subaru Outback 3.6R
288 Posts
Addictive ???? I have probably learnt more about the new Outback in the last 2 hours (since finding this site) than I have in the last month. Guys keep those reviews coming.

·
5,122 Posts
chrisx said:
Addictive ???? I have probably learnt more about the new Outback in the last 2 hours (since finding this site) than I have in the last month. Guys keep those reviews coming.
Well we do our best to provide the best information to our members and anyone else who wants to know and learn. I mean c'mon I drove 8 hours, through a severe blizzard warning in which no one was supposed to be on the road nonetheless, in the worst weather I have ever and probably will ever drive through to go to Chicago to report on the new 2005 Outback. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but **** my Subaru is good! :D I mean uh... I just want my dedication to pay off in some way for the people and for Subaru. If I'm ever going to have faith in any product, it should be one that I've put through all my own little torture tests :22: So far my Outback has passed every one, well except for one little muddin' experience but I'm workin' on it ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
This site is as addictive as any other car site if you are a total gearhead. And if we ever get any long term test vehicles, I should be allowed to have one with all the travelling I do!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts