Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody got any idea 1) whether it's possible to retrofit the air filtration system to an 02 OBS that didn't have one originally? 2) where does the dang filter go? i have really hideous allergies and didn't realize adding this might be feasible. if so, it's going to be the next mod.

thanks in adv! :cool:

·
Registered
'02 H6 Sedan - gone :(
169 Posts
there was a recent post here regarding the changing of the filter (search for 'hepa filters')

it's located up under the glove box...don't know difficulties of doing an add on

good luck!

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. i just called 1stsubaruparts.com tech line and they tell me it's an easy retrofit, mas o menos a drop-in. gonna order one and do it.

between the wind and dust storms out here, this may be the best thing i've done to car yet. to give you an idea how bad it is, there are a couple of factory-farm dairies near Interstate 10 here...hwy dept has posted signs there warning that vision may be obscured due to blowing crud!

·
Registered
'04 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport H-4 4EAT Platinum Silver Metallic
195 Posts
cptoversteer said:
are a couple of factory-farm dairies near Interstate 10 here...hwy dept has posted signs there warning that vision may be obscured due to blowing crud!
Sounds awful. :( Luckily I have it already in the '04 so if I happen to drive over to Texas I'm prepared. Not sure how those filter changes are going to be, guess I'll find out within a couple years or else I risk getting low air flow. Doubt I'll actually need it done every year here in north central Alabama.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts