Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
03 Outback H6-3.0 Black Granite Pearl
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to add an oil pressure gauge to my 03 outback with the H6. wondering if there's a good spot to put the sender. these are autometer gauges btw.
it's not extensively modified but i want to see the vitals.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,225 Posts
The easiest way is to add a sandwich plate with ports at the oil filter.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,855 Posts

·
Master Caster
16,225 Posts
does both your cars have a remote filter kit now?
Oh No. I am truly Modding Cherry in the "leave no trace ethic" and keeping things to a minimum. I like the remote filter idea alot. Kits for hardware are cheap. Kits with proper hoses are not. Custom hydraulic lines with proper fitting are also expensive.

tdck is broke...so, broke.

So No.

A sandwich plate for a pressure gauge and usually have 2 to 3 ports. The OP could add an oil temp also. It will cost anywhere from $50 to $70. You can certainly drill a hole in your oil pan and tap it. That is also an easy route. But you have to be comfortable with hand machining.

·
Registered
03 Outback H6-3.0 Black Granite Pearl
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The easiest way is to add a sandwich plate with ports at the oil filter.
is there a particular plate you would recommend..never dealt with sandwich plates before. on my old pontiac the popular thing was to just put the sender in place of the dummy light sender.

·
Master Caster
16,225 Posts
is there a particular plate you would recommend..never dealt with sandwich plates before. on my old pontiac the popular thing was to just put the sender in place of the dummy light sender.
Sure...

Perrin Oil Temperature and Pressure Gauge Adapter - Universal Import Image Racing

Wallmart ..... hahhah

https://www.walmart.com/ip/GlowShif...1719&wl11=online&wl12=612371849&wl13=&veh=sem

I have this Mishimoto

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...DQYYUCFBZfSDBAr4POW-8qKlbbuLpoERoCr8gQAvD_BwE

·
Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
598 Posts
looking to add an oil pressure gauge to my 03 outback with the H6. wondering if there's a good spot to put the sender. these are autometer gauges btw.
it's not extensively modified but i want to see the vitals.
If you do this, post some pics so we can see how it turns out!

I too would like to see my oil pressure instead of relying on an idiot light - when they come on, you're already screwed!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts