Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this could be posted in electrical mods, but since mine is a 2020 gen6, I thought I might have good luck here. I would like to tap into the interior fuse block and simply add a dual outlet USB port under the dash. I have seen where I could simply unplug a fuse, plug in an adapter, plug the original plus a smaller fuse into said adapter, then wire the positive from the USB ports to the adapter wire and the negative from the USB ports to a ground bolt. Is it really that easy? Which fuse spot should I use if I want switched (accessory) power?

Help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not use the 12v socket in the glove compartment and stick some USB things in there?
I have a wireless phone charger cradle that I will install on the dash. An under dash USB port would work to hide all wiring. the USB cable would only be seen for about an inch and a half and would be basically "permanent". This allows not only charging, but a cradle where the phone display can be seen. thanks to bluetooth, I do not need touch access, but it is nice to see the display at times. this also frees up the factory wireless charger for my wife's use when we are together in the car.

Also, I may want not one, but TWO switched fuse slots as I may get a weboost cell booster for the car. I have a 14 year old Wilson booster in my truck and it does wonders in poor cell areas.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT Ice Silver Metallic
275 Posts
Why not simply plug a 12volt USB adapter into the existing 12volt outlet in the back of the glovebox?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts