Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.
I'm a new member from Sweden who likes to tinker with my car.
Here I have mounted extra reverse lights 15w LED two pcs.
It lights up well.
turns on and off with the usual reverse lights automatically.

There will be more modifications later.
When I have time to upload them.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Nice addition - lighting like that really comes in handy when towing trailers and having to fool around with the trailer in the dark.

The other mod I have seen and like are LED lights mounted to the inside panel of the hatch so when the hatch is open you can light up the trunk space and even the hitch area behind the car with overhead lights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I only have a crappy iphone card on it yet.
It will perhaps come better card later.
4pcs 3W LED 2 pieces at the top, 2 pieces of light toward the load

Is it type such you mean.
It also lights up well.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
^ that would be the lighting mod I've seen. Very tempted to do this. Did you wire them into the existing power to the hatch? Curious what LED fixtures you used? Tempted to use some marine LED fixtures I've seen which are fairly tough given the rear hatch panel gets abused pretty good when the car is packed tight etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes.
it was not difficult, removed the lamp and put the cable into a gap in the plastic then I soldered the cable to the existing light fixture wiring.

Reverse lights were connected at the right hinge brown and yellow wire it was then grounded elsewhere

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Yes.
it was not difficult, removed the lamp and put the cable into a gap in the plastic then I soldered the cable to the existing light fixture wiring.

Reverse lights were connected at the right hinge brown and yellow wire it was then grounded elsewhere
Sounds easy enough. I've done lights off backup wiring before pretty simple.

The hatch wiring I was thinking available space in the wiring cable between the hatch and rear light might be tight but sounds like there is room for an added wire. Thx for the info! Might be doing the hatch lights at some point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
2 Participants
subiesailor
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing