Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, did anybody have problems getting those lifts. Three weeks of waiting and still no date when its going to be done and shipped

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they offered me $50 for waiting time, but I would rather have a part shipped tomorrow than having $50 dollars with unknown date.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i 4 inch ADF lift 215/70/16 BFG's Sparco Wheels
87 Posts
What size did you order and for what year model?

I put my order in last week. I don't expect anything for at least 5 weeks. As I have grown older I have learned to add a few weeks to any and all deadlines.
Im not disappointed as often now

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,475 Posts
I put my order in last week. I don't expect anything for at least 5 weeks. As I have grown older I have learned to add a few weeks to any and all deadlines.
Im not disappointed as often now
+1. This comes with the territory when ordering rare, hand-made items.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,221 Posts
+1. This comes with the territory when ordering rare, hand-made items.
I would tend to agree. I have waited up to 12 weeks for JDM parts. 2 of which were made to order items.

SUMO lifts pretty much operates the same way I think. They are in the same town I am, but I have never visited. I lower my OBs vs lift them. I think there turn around is better. I have no clue if there is an application fro what you are looking to do.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, why would you tell 2-3 weeks to build. simply say 4-5 weeks, I planed to install it and make a trip for labor day weekend. Now its not going to happen. The lift is for 2013 outback

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i 4 inch ADF lift 215/70/16 BFG's Sparco Wheels
87 Posts
I don't know why. I will say there are way fewer people who are willing to put their ass out there and offer a product that heavily modifies a vehicle.
Do you understand the level of Liability the seller is undertaking?
If you own a Chevy, Dodge, Ford or Jeep you can find lift kits all day long. I would guess that means Lots of customers and much more ability to actually make money.
With Subarus I would think not so much.
I have spent the last couple of weeks looking for a lift kit and Im glad someone is willing to do the design and fab for my odd little habit.
Yeah, it may take longer than you like. There may not be the communication you hoped for

But, in the end you will have a VERY unique ride that will turn heads and eat up dirt roads.

You have put yourself by choice in a narrow nitch. You cant expect the same service as you do from Amazon Prime because this isn't something pumped out in China by the masses

Its made by a guy in Oregon, Or Washington, Or Colorado. By Hand. One at a time

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd 3.6r
526 Posts
Please post before and after shots of your 13, I've been toying with the idea of maybe lifting mine....the one attribute I miss from my Envoy was the seats were a bit higher, and I sort of slid across into them. (I actually lifted it, from being lowered, after mom past). I was reminded of that Saturday, when I was with the driver door over sort of slight ditch and sort of just slid out onto my feet. (I'm 6' 2.25").

I'd also like to know if you're able to drop the strut down and slide the plates into place without removal of the strut itself (or more importantly the camber bolt). Would make it less never racking, if I couldn't get the alignment same day and had to wait a day or two,

Thanks

·
Master Caster
16,221 Posts
You will have to remove the struts. No way around that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks like I'm the only one who has not patients, every body else are willing to wait for handy man to build it :)

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,843 Posts
looks like I'm the only one who has not patients, every body else are willing to wait for handy man to build it :)
seeing as you got a 2010 and newer, how fast and how much for a LP Adventure lift kit vs. the ADF?

·
Master Caster
16,221 Posts
I agree with you.

The 1st time it happened to me it was rear sway bar brackets. 5 days after I pay FRSports.com for them. I get an email that tells me it will be 8 weeks or I can have a refund.

I think that sucks, and I think they should be upfront. But that's the way she goes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts