Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just joined this forum. I'm getting out of my 2005 Prius. My mom is getting that car to drive around town. I prefer for her to have it since it only has 80K miles and a brand new hybrid battery replaced. (Ouch, that hurt.)

I just test drove a used 2015 Outback premium and really liked it. However, I decided I'd rather invest a little more in new 2017 2.5i. I received a quote from one internet manager. He offered a discount of $1800 off MSRP, but add-ons such window tinting and VTR (whatever that is) ate up $600 off that discount. His second offer basically backed out the $600 in add-ons.

Is that really the best deal I can expect? I would be interested in your recent purchase experiences in the Phoenix area or any advice you can offer in negotiating for a new OB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, the quote was for the base model - not sure if those windows are factory tinted for that level. Due to the extreme summer heat here in Arizona, its common for people to have additional custom tint installed over factory tinted windows.

However, I am questioning the VTR charge of $200 since there is also listed a separate charge for License and Registration of $460.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.