Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cylinder 3 was the problem. Turns out the ceramic on the plug was cracked. I suspect that I did it when tightening the plug using a universal joint on the torque wrench. It probably caused some lateral stress on the plug. However it happened, it's fixed now.

Thank you all for the replies. I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
Outback 2011 3.6R Premium
1,283 Posts
Thanks for the update. Good to know the DTC code showed the area of the problem and that it was a simple fix in the end.

Seagrass

·
Registered
Forester XT 2.0L, MY15
1 Posts
Forester XT , MY2015 has 53.000miles (85.000km), the engine idle was oscillating during cold starts and the engine was misfiring going uphills. Here in Brazil we use "gasohol" a mixture of 75%gasoline+25%ethanol. I decided to change the spark plugs (NGK ILKAR8H6) the engine would start and stall after one second. The mechanic checked the system, not fault found. He told me he disconnected the engine ground cable to access one of the plugs, so I realized it was like he had disconnected the battery.
After several attempts I found this forum and performed the procedure described by Mr. "ranger" and it worked perfectly.
The engine started immediately and after a few minutes the idle was very smooth. Thank you very much for your great procedure !

21 - 23 of 23 Posts