Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to install aftermarket amps to increase power to factory door speakers and add a sub to my 2020 Outback Premium. I have a wiring diagram from Subaru as to which wires go to the front and rear speakers from the output of the head unit. However I cannot get things to work properly. No sound to the rear at all. The front has 2 different outputs. One comes out of the head unit, gives me no sound. The other comes from the STARLINK module, gives me sound with no volume control, and creates issues with the STARLINK module (indicator light comes on red). It is almost like the car recognized I am not adding the Rockford Fosgate factory add on kit and won’t let me do my own thing.

Has anyone installed a 4 channel line output converter and amps on their 2020/21 Outback Premium and do you have any advice on which wires to tap into that will make things work properly?

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
9,585 Posts
Several people have used aftermarket harness adapters, sometimes requiring additional splicing to extend the length.

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
996 Posts
The line output converters can be tapped into speaker leads at or close to the speakers. The connection must be made AFTER the factory amp. SNI-35 LOC are cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts