Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited, 2014 Legacy 2.5i
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!!!

About a month ago the typical exhaust flange rot struck my Outback. Due to the age of the car I decided to replace everything from the header back.

My father in law works at Carquest and got me all the cats and pipes for pretty cheap.

My problem is it doesn't fit right. The cats seem to line up in the right spots but that resonator pipe doesn't fit at all. Hit's the heat shields and in general just doesn't work.

All of these exhaust pieces are made by AP Exhaust. For the heck of it I got on Rock Auto and priced out the same stuff. I can get all the same parts made by Bosal for the same price as carquest. I love Rock Auto! Assuming I can return this junk, I'll be buying all of it.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? I'm hoping this stuff will fit alot better so I can get this thing back on the road.

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
16,315 Posts
Bosal is good. The sound will be different from stock, but it will fit.

Another option would be a custom build. Decide the sound you want and have it built in the car at a local shop. Warranty from a shop is a plus also. Especially with rust or leaks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.