Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2007 EDM H6
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for something like this for Gen3: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/And...-2013-navigation-wifi-3g-dvr/32763923294.html

I used to love the OEM screen, but ever since I installed larger tires, since the odometer doesn't account for the tire size difference, I developed a distaste for the larger than actual mpg readings and the constant reminder of this discrepancy, the only use for the OEM screen was the mpg readings

I was going to install a rear camera to the OEM screen and hope my OEM Kenwood screen comes with the required output (I've went over a Nasioc thread about Kenwood modifications, it seems some models might not have the required output), however, if there is a direct Android screen available, it would be a nice replacement, I dream of an Android screen just for Gauge's/Data + Navigation (No Music Connection for Simplicity)

I've seen some that replaces the OEM Music Interface with a screen, yet, since I have the OEM screen, this option wouldn't work for me, I also don't want to give away the control of Audio to an android system - Additionally, some of these systems indicate that they don't work with McIntosh speakers, I'm unsure which one I have

Anyway, TL;DR: Any OEM Screen replacements?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts