Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded a 2005 GMC Envoy for a 2005 Outback Limited in December. While the GMC was a comfortable car its faults were poor build quality and poor fuel economy.

I had many Subaru's when I was younger and wanted to get back to them.

While I like the quality, drivability and fuel economy of my Outback, I am finding out that the seats are terribly uncomfortable.

I didn't notice the discomfort during the test drive but after a week of driving around I found that I could not find a comfortable position.

It seems like the lower part of the seat back has way too much lumbar curve. Adjusting the lumbar support makes the seating position more uncomfortable.

The upper portion of the seat back is so concave that it forces my shoulders forward. I feel like I'm sitting inside of the letter "C".

I did adjust the headrest by bending the metal posts back a bit. Now it does not jut into the back of my head.

While I do not have any back issues I do see a chiropractor on a regular basis. Since I purchased this Outback I've been seeing him more than I'd like to.

This seat does not allow me to sit up straight nor does it seem to provide any support.

Has any one ever replaced the stock seat with an aftermarket seat like a Corbeau or Sparco? Pro's? Con's?

I really do not want to get rid of this car but right now it's sitting in my driveway. Too uncomfortable to drive ten minutes to my job!

Thank you.

Eric

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT
76 Posts
I don't have any aftermarket info, but I wanted to share the dislike for the seats! It took me forever to get comfortable, having made a few 1,000+ mile trips. Now I've either settled/gotten used to the shape or have built up a tolerance for pain... ha.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i, auto
35 Posts
I'm dyin in my 06 Outback... Recently having to do more long trips, and will absolutely do anything to solve this issue. I'm trying to find legacy seats from the same generation in an auto salvage yard, though no luck yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts