Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in adding an under-seat subwoofer to my stock stereo. Originally, I was planning on using a line output converter to create an RCA output. But then I thought I remembered that there is a factory Subaru sub available. Although I am not interested in that model, does it mean that there is some type of subwoofer signal coming out of the factory headunit. Or better yet, is there a power and signal source wherever the OEM sub mounts?

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Touring (Wilderness Green)
376 Posts
The Subaru subwoofer hooked up to the speaker level outputs via the harness. So it is doing what you'd have to do: convert it to line level.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Audio numbnuts here. Wife has '12 Premium with 6 speaker, no H/K. I saw the install for the underseat subwoofer and figured, what the ****, why not. Looks easy.
Ordered up the sub, and a install kit from Crutchfield.
So, do I need an amp for this thing? Has RCA connectors...how do I hook this up to the stock stereo. *sigh*

·
Registered
Somebody Else's XT
14,432 Posts
Audio numbnuts here. Wife has '12 Premium with 6 speaker, no H/K. I saw the install for the underseat subwoofer and figured, what the ****, why not. Looks easy.
Ordered up the sub, and a install kit from Crutchfield.
So, do I need an amp for this thing? Has RCA connectors...how do I hook this up to the stock stereo. *sigh*
Opposite problem- it has its own amp, but so does your stereo. You'll need something to balance these levels somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts