Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 OB H6 LL Bean; front driver seat was swapped for cloth seat as the motor movement fried--previous owner did this and tossed the seat. I'm looking for another leather seat in junk yard to install.

Given the connection and airbag in drivers seat is missing; would that fire off both airbag light and CEL? Should I do the diagnostic pin ground to determine the codes? I did plug in and I didn't pull any codes from OBDII--assumign that's normal since I am seeing lot of posts about people grounding out plugs and watching flashing lights.

If anyone happens to know where I can find leather LL bean seat or if any other seats will fit in OB; I'd appreciate it.

First time car for my little sister--what an adventure! :)

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,356 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Different issues. The cloth seat will put on an airbag light. A resistor will turn it off. http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/110-gen-2-2000-2004/424713-airbag-light.html

Any autoparts store should read codes for free.

Where are you located? I have an intact but worn driver's seat out of Mal, as I swapped for a cloth interior.
I'm in Jacksonville, Florida.

I did go by Advanced Auto Parts and they didn't get any codes from the system -- so now I'm wondering. I do have CEL and Air Bag light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts