Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
You're gonna kinda have to use your imagination on this one ;) Look at my pic, this of course is not the factory intake although it gives a good view of where the air box/filter are. If you look under your hood your airbox is right where my cone filter is in the pic. It has two latches on it that you'll need to unlatch and that opens your airbox. And there's your air filter, all you need to do is take it out and drop another one in there. I recommend getting a K&N filter as they are good quality, reuseable, and give a little extra oomph to your car. Although if you can happen to find one easily I would highly recommend getting an AMSOIL air filter. They're about the same as a K&N although a whole lot better. Any questions? Please ask :)

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
Hey S - beautiful job creating those fjords *G*

Registered
1998, Outback, 5MT, 2.5L
Hi Chris,

I have taken some pics to show you whats going on. In the first pic the airbox is circled, there are two clips that hold the lid down, if you open these you can open the lid. Then remove the old filter, and replace with a new one, I used a unifilter as they are easier to come by here in Perth.

Cheers
Aaron

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts