Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Decided to get all 3 resonators off of my air intake. I bought PVC caps that fit all 3, painted them black, and the one for the hole where the big box sat (first hole in) fit perfectly, didn't even need glued. The other two, however, are giving me trouble. I tried gluing them in with no luck, even using a strong adhesive paste. I then taped electrical tape around the edge of the hole to make it thicker, and reglued, only to come out the next day to see they didn't hold either. Any ideas what I can do? Want to just keep the original plastic with the rubber boot, rather than replacing the entire intake with PVC.

Thought about possibly cutting off the edges to where the hole comes out, and simply taping over and over with electrical tape around the entire intake. Anybdy else have ideas?

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Acetone clean the surface to remove all the oil residue then you need to use a flexible adhesive - we use G/Flex epoxy in the boating world for various types of stuff carbon masts which flex and crack standard epoxy or even plastic roto molded hulls like say kayaks it works great but is not cheap. If you keep it in a cool place it will last a long time and you'll probably use it in on other projects over the years. It does not fill gaps well so whatever your gluing needs to fit snug and you don't need much of it.

West System G/flex Liquid Epoxy Resin and Hardener

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
subiesailor
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing