Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
@cardoc here is a file with all the PIDS, please note 02 sensor 5 is actually bank 2...torque issue i guess... save to PC open excel and use the import from text file option and accept all the defaults

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
on a side note, no more p0420 code either

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,074 Posts
This last log is showing both cats are bad. The engine seems to be running normal. The fuel trims aren't way out.

Does your app log knock correction or learned ignition?

Reduce your log to the following:
Lambda - both banks
Front O2 Voltage - both banks
Rear O2 Voltage - both banks
TPS
MAP
APP
RPM
Load
STFT - both banks
Knock Correction - if it's available; or Learned Ign Timing

The other things you've logged are inconsequential at this point.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
@cardoc OK BTSSN will log all of the above except for the last item. I will get the data on the trip home. I still get shuddering at about 1200 and 1700 RPM and again at 2300rpm. Rom raider will create the file but it comes out empty....

·
Premium Member
14,074 Posts
What do you mean it comes out empty? After it's saved and you try to open it it's blank? No data?

Are you using the defogger switch to have RR record the data? In settings you have to have this record option checked. When you want to start recording you hit the defogger button and when you want to stop the recording you hit the defogger again. Then RR automatically saves the file where you told it to save it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
@cardoc The headers are there for the data but nothing is populated for the data even though I can see it updating in realtime on the tablet...

I was using the manual button in RR to do it as I am by myself and I want to start he data logging before I start the car.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
@cardoc

yes I will, I did not bring my Tablet with me today so the log I post up later today will be from BTSSM. I find it odd that BTSSM is quite lacking in parameters despite it being a Subaru specific application.

On a side note BTSSM will not log data unless it detects the rear defogger switch pressed. using the start/stop logging does nothing so I changed it to use the rear defogger. I am not a big fan of this as in the summer time this puts an even larger load on the engine...while I am running the A/C... it's in the mid to upper 90's around here this week.

·
Premium Member
14,074 Posts
The rear defogger doesn't use that much electrical load. And your only doing 2-3 minutes at a time anyway.

If using the defogger is creating a load on the electrical system in conjunction with the AC on then you should recheck your battery and grounding. The AC clutch pulls A LOT of current when it's "ON".

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
@cardoc do you know of some good quality aftermarket fuel injectors for this car? The Subaru ones are stupid expensive... I am going to take all 6 out and ultrasonically clean them but just in case that does not fix the shudder/misfire I will replace them

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
@cardooc, no worries, i am also looking into a fuel pump as a possibility. who knows if or ever has that fuel filter been changed

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
@cardoc the price difference between the two is minimal so I am getting the entire thing

·
Premium Member
14,074 Posts
That log isn't showing any roughness/misfires. It's also showing 0.0V on "Rear O2". Is your logger not seeing the rear O2? At least the P0420 isn't popping up. Has the car set any codes since the last series of repairs?

61 - 80 of 118 Posts