Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my slave cylinder last week and I'm pretty sure I didn't get all of the air out of the line, but it's still functioning.

I bled it for what seemed like forever, but eventually ran out of brake fluid.

For the last bit I just had my friend pull the clutch off the floor and keep pumping it until it gained some pressure and then just closed the valve.

I can shift, but I'm almost positive there is still air in the line.

Can this cause damage to the slave or master cylinder?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you know when there is no air in the clutch line?

Will the clutch no longer stick to the floor when you open the bleeder valve?

·
Registered
2006 Outback 3.0R, 1992 SVX 3.3 turbo, 2007 Forester 2.0
49 Posts
Get more fluid :D, leave the bleeder open and go for a cuppa (keep an eye on the level, tho).

Make sure the pedal is up and the master cylinder piston is all the way out so that the system can get fresh fluid.

Gravity bleed. This is the only way to bleed the clutch in a 1975 Rover - who remembers the one with the spare tire on the trunk? Got one of those too ;). Also, I've had a broken return spring inside the master cylinder.... but you would not get any fluid thru the system if this were the case. Strange things happen.

Tapani

PS I do not think the pedal should stick to the floor under any conditions. Check the return springs both in the pedal and inside the master.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.