Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else get the airbag light in temps below 15F? If so how was it resolved. It's a huge pain in the ass. I brought it do the dealer a long time ago and apparently it does not registrar to pull the code and I have to come when the light is on, but it not on.

·
Registered
2005 OBW 2.5L, 1989 Subaru Justy, RIP Blu
7,355 Posts
This sounds like it is a connector issue. In cold weather everything shrinks. A gap may be openining up in a connector someplace.

How long does the light stay on?

Another possability is a dirty contact. this would be hard to nail down even for a dedicated pro.

What year is the car?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an 07 2.5i H4. The issue been happening for about 3-4 years. The light usually stays on until I turn the car off and sometimes comes back at restart and sometimes not. The first time I brought it to subaru the mechanic said it might be the passenger side sensor. But with out knowing for sure and the code not registering I didn't want to spend the money with out knowing that was the problem for sure.

·
Registered
2005 OBW 2.5L, 1989 Subaru Justy, RIP Blu
7,355 Posts
Does it go away when the heat is turned on? How do you feel about junkyard part. If he has it narrowed down that far.

Have you tried wiggling the pass side wire, sitting in the seat, clicking the seat belt to see what happens. Is this an empty pass seat or with a passenger

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wasn't narrowed down it was a shot from the hip. Well yes and after the engine is warm and the car is turned of and turned back on shortly after the light 3 out 4 times doesn't come back on...:confused:

It comes on regardless if there is a person in the seat or not but usually not.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It rarely goes of while driving but has. The car has to be restarted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts